Sunday 5 November 2017

Makeup and Skincare Empties + Review July, August, and September 2017 (Project Use Up All the Samples 2k17)

... Okay, this is a bit insane but I kept three months worth of empties. I was lazy okay ( ̄□ ̄) I couldn't fit everything into one photo so I don't have a photo of everything.

I got a helix piercing at the beginning of September because I had wanted one for the longest time. Since I have long hair and the jewellery is tiny, very few people have noticed it.

In this time period, I also went to Kcon and saw EXO perform live! I'm still a bit in denial, it was a dream come trueeeee. I was a bit bummed that my current bias D.O (Do Kyungsoo) didn't end up coming but I saw all the other members! Lay wasn't going to come anyway so I wasn't too disappointed at not seeing him.

I also won a Peripera Airy Ink Velvet lip tint in #4 Beautiful Coral Velvet from the beauty panel at Kcon (*adds more lip products to my collection*). 

BTS keeps on rising. I was slightly disappointed with DNA but it grew on me quickly. I love every song on the album and I have a deep appreciation of the hidden track 'Sea'. 'Mic Drop' and 'Dimple (Illegal)' are my favourite tracks. Of course, being Jimin biased, I love 'Serendipity' as well. Will stop fangirling now and move onto my unbelieveable three months worth of empties.

My friends and I also booked a holiday for next year. I'll be gone for most of February 2018! Super excited.

Samples



1. The Face Shop The Smim Firming Care Emulsion x 1
- I don't particularly like to The Face Shop skincare. They always just miss the mark for me-- this one just not being particularly moisturising and no star ingredients. This is supposed to be a firming cream, but of course, I can't see any effects after two uses. As I will always state: emulsions are not part of my usual routine and I don't have a particular place for it in my routine WNR.

2. Etude House Fresh Cherry Tint x 1
- The first lip tint I wanted to purchase and I still haven't purchased it in this colour yet-_- It's a beautiful, milky, gel tint. Red is probably the most vibrant colour. It leaves a very beautiful subtle stain. I'm much more into obvious tints (like the Tony Moly ones) but I still like the Fresh Cherry Tints. I really liked the Pink and limited edition Coral one. Would probably pick this one up if I didn't already have so many products WR.

Reviews of the other three I've owned here.

3. Benton Cacao Moist and Mild Cream x 1
- I really like Benton's creams-- they are super thick and just right for my peeling dry skin. I really enjoyed this formula and might one day purchase to compare to the Snail Bee Steam cream. WR.

4. Lioele Waterdrop Sleeping Pack x 1
- I've used samples of this mask in the past but it never feels like water drops to me. It has a light scent and gel texture. It doesn't give me the fresh feeling some of my other masks give me when I wash my face in the morning. WNR.

5. Missha Ultra Super Aqua Waterfull Intensive Serum x 1
- I hate samples in these vials...they're so hard to get out! The product itself is a semi thick serum. It made my skin a bit itchy so I stopped using it. WNR.

6. The Face Shop The Smim Firming Care Cream x 1
- This was a bit of a thinner moisturiser. It was fine for single use, but I didn't have particular feelings for it being either good or bad. WNR.

7. Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream x 1
- I'm sure I've written about this cream before. It is one of my favourites as a tiny bit goes a long way and it is deeply moisturising for me. Perfect winter cream. I'm baulking a bit at the price nowadays but I do enjoy this cream a lot. WR.

8. Skin79 Hot Pink BB Cream x 1
- HG love love love. WR.

9. Tony Moly BCDation x 1
- A bit too light and yellow for my face. Gives me cake face, but acceptable to use if given it as a sample. WNR.

10. Purito Snail Clearing BB Cream x 11
- Not my favourite but I will finish using up the remainder of the samples I have of this *sobs* WNR.

11. Etude House Honey Cera Cream x 7
- I love all the cera creams I tried! Honey is also an ingredient I enjoy in my skincare so I've this. Thick creams are my favourite. WR.

12. Benton Honest TT Mist x 1
- I poured this into a spray bottle and sprayed it onto my face. Tea tree might be a bit too drying for me to use on a daily basis. WNR.

13. Skinfood Premium Tomato Whitening Cream x 1
- I thought this was the type of cream to give an instant whitening effect, but I found out that it was just a normal cream that contains arbutin to help brighten skin lol. I'd rather a moisturing cream but I love the idea of evening out my skin tone. WNR.


Sample Total = 29



Full Sized



1. Benton Fermentation Essence x 1
- Very thin and watery. It was just an additional step to help boost the moisture levels in my skin, but I didn't see it as a particularly necessary item. It was supposed to whiten my skin and help with wrinkle prevention. WNR.

2. Pantene Pro-V Daily Moisture Renewal Intensive Hair Masque x1
- I've spent a lot of money on hair masks and I still haven't found a cheap one that helps my hair. Pantene is probably my favourite at making my ends feel smooth. I also enjoy the scent of it. WR.

3. Mizon AHA 8% Peeling Serum x 1
- My favourite AHA of all time! I've used up four or five bottles of this serum in the past three years. I decided to trial Melano CC toner and serum but I find this Mizon AHA works best for me at gentle exfoliation, keeping away bumps, and fading scars. Mecca started stocking these at $35. I remember when I first started purchasing this, it was $11 including shipping :) This is the renewed version which is slightly bigger than the previous version (it has a few extra mls) but the packaging for mine sucked. It was broken to begin with and it kept on spilling everywhere. You can see that the product itself ruined the paint of the bottle. Hope that one was just a dud. WR.

My thoughts post between this AHA and the Cosrx one here.

4. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water x 1
- Favourite Cleansing Water HG. WR.

5. Schwarzkopf Heidi's Heat Styles x 1
- I have no idea if these things actually work, but I'd rather use it than not use it. This one smelled like peaches but seems to be of a thinner formula than the Tresemme one. WNR.

6. Lucas Papaw Ointment x 1
- I love this stuff too. Review here. WR.

7. Innisfree Creammellow #10 Latte Brown x 1
- My favourite lipstick formula. I'm sad that this entire line is now discontinued. Although I liked the formula, I'm not sure sheer nude lipsticks suit me. I think I look better in matte nudes. WR from the line, but may not the colour.

8. Tony Moly Tony Tint Delight #1 Cherry Pink x 1
- My favourite lipstick OG HG. I like the older watery formula rather than the Delight gel formula. It is still the same beautiful colour. Probably the single best lip tint for the classic gradient lip look. I've used up so many mini versions of this colour haha. WR.

9. Innisfree Capsule Sleeping Recipe Mask Rice x 1
- There were little grains of rice throughout the mask. What struck me the most about the mask was the delicious rice pudding smell of it. It didn't really do much else though, and it left bits of white streaks on my face where I didn't blend it properly into my skin lol. I prefer gel type sleeping masks. WR not for performance, just for the delicious scent.

Full Sized Total = 9


RUNNING TOTAL = 114


Other Items


- Various masks from Etude House, Innisfree, My Scheming, FaceQ, Skinfood
- Black head nose pack from Tony Moly

I'm nearly up-to-date again! I might post my October favourites next week^^

No comments :

Post a Comment