Sunday 17 November 2013

Benton & Mizon Snail haul~ (more Korean skincare -_-;;)

At the end of October (25/10), I finally caved in and did another skincare haul. My skin has been progressively getting worse and worse towards the second half of 2013. It may have been due been due to switching out and trying too many skincare/ makeup products in a short amount of time. Having more money means wanting to spend more money!

I know that these items were not the cause as I had used them in the first half of 2013 and my skin was perfectly fine:

- Etude House Happy Vitamin C Foam Cleanser
- Etude House Wonder Pore Freshener
- Skinfood serum
- Skinfood Black Sugar/ Rice Wash-Off
- My Beauty Diary masks


Products I suspect and have since ceased using:

- Cetaphil
- The Face Shop Rice Ceramide Moisture Cream
- The Face Shop Rice Ceramide Moisture Emulsion

Potential triggers my skin may not have liked:


- Skin79 Hot Pink BB
- Etude House CC Cream (Silky)
- Witch Hazel

My skin used to be pretty clear by itself when I only used cleanser and nothing else. I was fascinated with adding steps to skincare if it meant I may be able to achieve perfect skin!

I still got the occasional pimple during certain times of the month but they are almost always on my forehead or my chin and not that noticeable. I freaked out when I started getting pimples on my cheeks this year. In my X number of years in existence, I have never ever gotten a pimple on my cheek before! These blemishes have been leaving unsightly scars on my cheeks and I'm ashamed to go out with a huge dot on my face:( 

Cathy (ohhh hanging out with you is bad for my wallet) and the rest of the internet raved about snail creams so I decided to go ahead and purchase some to help clear my troubled skin. I did a lot of research on snail creams and settled on Mizon as their products seem to deliver good results. I was also going to purchase the Skinfood Tomato Spot Serum to lighten my acne scars... but then I chanced upon Skin & Tonics and Kerry convinced me to give new brand Benton a try. 

These were the items I ended up purchasing:

1.) (1+1) Mizon Black Snail All in One Cream + Mizon Snail Recovery Gel Cream (23.99USD)

2.) (1+1) Benton Snail Bee High Content Essence + Mizon Honey Black Sugar Scrub (22.49USD)

All items were from the same seller and had free shipping.

I chose the Black Snail version because it was devoid of Cetearyl Alcohol. It was also supposed to be the new and improved version of the original snail cream. Overall, these were both good deals. I was happy to pay an extra $2.50 for the Mizon scrub along with my Benton order because I had just finished my Skinfood Black Sugar Wash-Off (~$10). 



On Remembrance Day (11/11/13) I received my package. I was ecstatic it finally came! Nice skin here I come! The seller was even kind enough to include samples of the the Aloe Propolis Soothing Gel and the Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream! 

Unfortunately, the seller did not include the Black Snail cream that I wanted and gave me the original Mizon Snail Cream. I decided to have the seller resend me the correct jar and opted out of a refund. Maybe I should have gotten the refund instead and purchased something else with the money?

It's been a week and so far so good with using everything containing snail twice a day. I've only gotten a few breakouts along my chin and a bump on my forehead. My skin has gotten a lot smoother. I've noticed the few spots I've gotten were getting smaller and less painful very quickly (almost overnight). There has been no noticeable difference in lightening/ brightening of my scars (nooooooo!) or the reduction of the tiny bumps I have on my forehead. Will report back when I finish up the serum and the other two Benton samples.

P.S. please wish me all the luck in the world for my interviews... I'm really nervous. I've prepared this whole year for them!

No comments :

Post a Comment