Sunday 29 December 2013

Sample Reivew: The Face Shop Face It Power Perfection BB Cream SPF 37, PA++ 02 Natural Beige

First of all, Merry Christmas everyone! Can you believe that 2014 is coming at us so quickly? I'm very excited for next year (because it will bring me my next makeup/ skincare haul hehe). Today I'll be reviewing a makeup staple; BB cream.

I love BB cream! I have worn it almost everyday since the end of 2008 when my cousin introduced me to it. I have ventured into the CC cream realm but my heart will always remain loyal to my BBs (I may also jump into the cushion foundation train in the near future). I feel very frustrated whenever I hear girls in Priceline dismiss BB cream as being inferior to foundation. NO.

Needless to say I was pretty happy when I got a few sample packets of The Face Shop's Power Perfection BB cream.


The Face Shop Power Perfection BB Cream in 02 (Whee sorting through samples)



What they say: 'A BB cream providing total skin treatment to achieve a 'POWER PERFECTION SKIN' by imparting proactive care to overall skin problems, including bagginess, roughness and dryness.'

Contents:1ml/ 0.03

I tried around four samples sachets. Each sachet lasted me more than five days of use all over the face. 

Application: Pat onto face as required. You can build up coverage with thin layers.


My Thoughts

I actually enjoyed using this BB cream. It has medium-full coverage and it matched my skin tone beautifully after it oxidised. I usually gravitate towards denser BBs (e.g., Skin79) but this liquidy type did its job well and was very easy to blend.

From memory, the 20ml version was around $58 (Australian dollars) and the 40ml was $80 from the official The Face Shop store. 

This is a nice BB cream and I had a positive experience with it. It is available in several shades rather than the one-shade-fits all colour.

Pros: 
- Lasts a good 6+ hours for me
- Great coverage
- Only need to use a little bit
- Contains SPF
- Comes in different shades

Cons:
- Needs a bit of time to colour adjust
- Doesn't have a very clean ingredients list (cones, parabens etc.)
- Can emphasise flakiness

Overall: This BB cream is a good place to start if you are new to the wonderful world of BBs. It is a steady performer and addresses common concerns BBs should such as sun protection and the inclusion of some type of anti-aging properties. It doesn't make my face feel oily and it is very easy to remove. It is missing the usual 'whitening' effect but that doesn't bother me so much.

/ 5

Do you use BB creams? What's your favourite?
I want to try Lioele's Triple the Function! But for the sake of convenience and cost-effectiveness, I re-purchased Skin79's Hot Pink BB. 

No comments :

Post a Comment