Saturday 6 December 2014

Mizon Special Therapy Honey Black Sugar Scrub review

Since there is still that awesome free shipping Mizon deal on Roseroseshop (you just have to pay $2.50 for a tracking number per order/ package), I will write a review of a Mizon product! I purchased this way back in October 2013 

I'm sure everyone has heard of Skinfood's famous Black Sugar Mask Wash Off right? I thought this might be a good product to try and to ascertain that Skinfood's famous Black Sugar Mask Wash Off is famous for a reason. However, Skinfood has since released their version of the Honey Black Sugar Mask Wash Off in 2014, so I guess that product would be most comparable with this Mizon Special Therapy Honey Black Sugar Scrub. 

What They Say: Natural black sugar powder exfoliates dead skin cells and black heads effectively and controls excessive sebum. Honey and various plant oils nourish skin, leaving it radiant and smooth. 

Contents:  90g in a plastic tub. Comes with a plastic
 separator.

Application:
 While face is still wet after cleansing, apply a proper amount, avoiding eyes and lips. Massage softly, drawing circles, then let it set for 5 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. 


Cost: $12.20 (shipping not included)





My Thoughts

I'm going to be honest. This product did nothing for me. It left a waxy film on my face after washing it off, and it didn't reduce the sebaceous filaments on my nose. I used this mask approximately once to twice a week. Compared to the original Skinfood Black Sugar Wash Off, the sugar granules are a lot finer and the formula spread a lot smoother into my skin (probably due to the honey and glycerin). Compared to Skinfood, it smelt less of lemon detergent and more of Cola. I did notice a bit of brightening with use.

This might work better for people with oily skin rather than my dry skin as the description does say 'control excessive sebum'. I incorrectly assumed it would be like the Skinfood one which is more moisturising.






Pros:

  • Some brightening effect
  • Smells like Cola


Cons:

  • Left waxy film on face
  • Skin felt tight and dry after use
  • Didn't ease out my sebaceous filaments with prolonged use

Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off > Mizon Honey Black Sugar Scrub. Skinfood is more accessible, cheaper, and has 10 extra grams. I like their packaging too...

TL;DR
I got this for an extra $3 with my Benton Snail Bee Essence packaged deal. Otherwise, I would highly recommend any variant of Skinfood's Black Sugar Wash Off (original, honey, strawberry) over this Mizon scrub. Mizon has other star products, such as their AHA 8% peeling serum. It's a shame that this one is not a keeper for me, but it might work for you.


Repurchase? No.



/ 5

2 comments :

  1. what a pitty :( i was tempted to try this, but i hate whe a product leaves my skin dry and worse with a waxy film T.T (sorry for my english xD)
    SweetBeautyReviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, your English is fine^^b
      Yeah, me too... so I guess people with oily skin may enjoy this product more than people with dry skin.

      Delete