Sunday 5 June 2016

Makeup and Skincare Empties + Review May 2016 (Project Use Up All the Samples 2k16)

May was a happy month for me. I went out to Free Comic Book Day and wore a dress I made. A few strangers came up to me to tell me I looked cute:) This month I used up quite a few staple HG products. I find that six months is usually the sweet spot for me, and a few of the full sized products I used up were opened in December.






Samples

1. Innisfree Green Tea Seed Serum x 1

2. Innisfree Green Tea Skin x 1

3. Innisfree Green Tea Lotion x 1

4. Innisfree Green Tea Cream x1 ; review for the whole Innisfree Green Tea series here.

5. Aesop Camellia Nut Facial Hydrating Cream x 2
- This was the first cream I have used in a long time that wasn't white. It was a light yellow colour and had that herbly scent that all Aesop products seem to have. It felt a little dry to me for Autumn. I liked the other cream I tried more. WNR.

6. Aesop Parsley Seed Anti- Oxidant Serum x 2
- This serum smelt orangey and it felt sufficiently hydrating. It was nice and didn't cause any stickiness on my face. Fantastic for layering. I'd definitely want to use this as a sample again, but probably wouldn't purchase due to price. WNR.

7. Aesop Parsley Seed Anti-Oxidant Eye Cream x1
- Only a tiny bit of eye cream was needed to hydrate my eyes. This eye cream felt very refreshing on my under eyes. As with most eye creams, I don't see a visible difference in minimising my wrinkles or fine lines under my eyes as I currently have a minimal amount (thank goodness). WNR. 

8. Aesop Elemental Facial Barrier Cream x2
- I really liked this cream. Even thought it was on the richer side, I felt that it was absorbed very quickly into my skin and didn't pill when I added other products on top of it. I liked that it sealed in my serum and toner. Like with all Aesop products, the only thing that keeps me from purchasing is the price. WNR.

9. Neulii TeaTree BHA Blemish Control Serum x 2
- I got these samples from purchasing the Etude House Juice Bar from ibuybeauti's ebay page. RRS did an excellent job with this serum. I like this TeaTree BHA much more than the other BHA products I tried. I had three breakouts on my forehead and after four to five days, those breakouts were less painful and either flattened by themselves or came to a head. I would consider purchasing a bottle for emergencies. WR.

10. Skin79 Hot Pink BB Cream x 1
- My favourite BB cream of all time. Medium coverage, dewy, and I always get complimented on my skin when I wear it. My only gripe is that like most Korean BB creams, it is ashy and comes off a bit grey. WR.

TOTAL = 14



Full Sized Products

1. Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion (Moist) x 1
- I love this stuff and have used up four bottles since this time last year. I have one more spare bottle that Helen got me from Japan. I'm thinking of asking Christina to buy me another two bottles from HK when she comes to visit in August. Or I could try the newer Premium version as a refill from ebay. Guess I'll decide in the next two months. WR.

2. Mentholatum Sunplay Skin Aqua UV Moisture Milk SPF 50+ PA+++ x 1
- I have also used four or five bottles of this sunscreen. I love it because it is not drying (no alcohol) and contains collagen as well as a mixture of physical and chemical sunscreen ingredients. The only downside is that it takes a good 10-15 minutes to set and looks terrible with powdered blush. But you know, I'd rather terrible looking blush than damaged skin. WR.

3. CLIO Kill Black Waterproof Brush Liner
- I got this from Taiwan. I really loved it when I first opened it, but after a month of use, the brush already started losing pigmentation and was clogged up with eye shadow. Love the brush but I probably wouldn't repurchase this again after I use up the other one that Christina got me. I want to move back to gel eyeliner in a pot. WNR.



TOTAL = 3

MONTH TOTAL = 17

RUNNING TOTAL = 106

Other Items

1. Focus Dailies x 90
- So glad I'm finally done with this huge freaking box after two or three years! I tend to wear circle lenses much more than clear lenses. I'm looking forward to upgrading my prescription. Such a shame I still have three more pairs of new circle lenses with my old prescription:( I like that these fit my irises and have a high water content. WR.

2. Innisfree It's Real Squeeze Mask x 12
Acai Berry- 1 
Aloe- 1
Bamboo -1 
Blackberry - 1
Cucumber -1 
Green Tea -1 
Manuka Honey -1 
Pomegranate - 2
Tea Tree -1 
Shea Butter -1 
Rose - 1

I started using masks once every two days this month leading up to graduation. I'm currently using one every day until graduation on Thursday. WR.


*WNR = Would Not Re/Purchase
WR= Would Repurchase

This month I'm focusing on finishing my eyebrow crayon so I can purchase a new one. I gave my backup one to my mum for Mother's Day because she really, really wanted it. I also lent her my eyebrow stencils. The lip product I'm focusing on is still my TonyMoly Delight Lip Tint. I'm sure it's going to end soon! I'd also like to get more use out of my Innisfree Creammellow lipsticks as the formula was made for Winter months. Lastly, I'm going to use my CLIO Gelpresso eyeliner in Bloody Devil much more instead of black eyeliner. I'm disappointed my Bloody Angel dried out so quickly. It tugs terribly on my eyelids and doesn't work like it used to.

Most of the money I spent in May were on going out with friends, my weekly transportation money, and Lincraft (they had a 50% off sale)! Priceline also had a 50% off haircare sale. I'm eagerly awaiting their 40% off skincare sale as I'd like to finally pick up a cleanser and also the Swisse Toner Mist and maybe a facial oil. Since the USD is still very strong compared to the AUD and along with my self imposed no-buy (which has turned into a low/replacement buy) I have done less internet beauty buys. Even though I really wanted the Grapefruit Gudetama x Holika Holika blush. Maybe I'll wait for the Rilakkuma x A'pieu collab and see if I want anything.

I'm so excited for EXO's comeback on the 9th of June, the same day I'm graduating. Monster & Lucky One will be mind blowing.

What did you finish using up in May? 

No comments :

Post a Comment