Saturday 12 February 2011

Namie-kun's Tohou artbook arrived!!

It actually arrived on Monday (the 7th~ it is now the 12th) at my front door. I was so happy and full of squee. She packaged it nicely with the extra goodies inside the book. I was wondering how the prints would come-- but the book was bigger in dimensions than I expected it to be.
Time for some shoddy webcam pictures which I took to show Steel of http://thoughteclipse.blog.com/
The extras I got with it! Bunbunmaru (amusing read... Cirno Shimeji!!1), Vocaloid 'MUSIC' print and a special chibi print.


 I asked her to sign it for me! And she did! Says 'Thankyou for for Preorder' lol~ she even drew a Reimu <3

The prints are on a thin, shiny photo-paper like texture. It's very good quality, but I'm so scared of wreaking them if I put it on my wall. I'm usually less weary with just... paper prints:D

NOW the book itself is amazing. There truely is over 40 pieces that have not touched the internet, and there are probably around 60 or so in the book. The first half or so of the book has a more background/ concept art/ sketchy feel (which I love). Kinda like the stuff she posts on her blog here. She manages to fit around four pictures on a single sided page.

It then diverges onto the stuff she posts on dA, and things that look more 'polished'. Then finally, guest art.

I have nothing bad to say about this. I love it. Heck you'd probably like it even if you aren't into Touhou. And if she released anything else I would buy it (even though this book cost me a month's worth of pocket monniez).

WIP:
And then last Sunday my dad's friend's wife and daughter came to Australia for a short holiday before the daughter stays behind here to study (lol, does this sentence even make sense?). She got me some Bourjois mascara and eyeliner. Sad because I just opened my fiberwig... and sad again because I don't use pencil eyeliner.
... sad for a third time because even someone I've met three times knows that I need to cover up my face to go outside:/ Nahh, but it's okay, I wear significantly less eyeliner nowadays than when I was 13 partly because I wanted to look like Billie Joe.

No comments :

Post a Comment