Saturday 24 August 2013

Sample Review: The Face Shop Arsainte Eco-Therapy Crystal Water Super Gel

Arsainte Eco-Therapy Crystal Water Super Gel

A super duper refreshing and cooling gel cream from The Face Shop. It contains some star ingredients for the face such as arctic crystal water, hyaluronic acid, and xylitol. 


Another sample I picked up from my adventures at The Face Shop.

What they say: 'Containing 1,000mg of iceberg water from Newfoundland, Canada and 1,000mg of phyto- hyaluronic acid'.


It is suitable for all skin types and it is especially recommended for hydrating dry skin. This product is from the Refreshing Cooling Line. Apparently it also has some astringent properties.

Application: Use after your toner. You can place it in the fridge to maximise this gel's cooling properties. 

Contents: 1.2ml/ 0.04 fl. oz oz per sample packet (I used around 10 packets all up)








My Thoughts

Performance: I used this gel in my day and night routine. I think it smells a bit like toner (I like that light, refreshing scent) and you feel a bit of a tingly sensation after applying. Because it is winter in Australia and I have only been using this sample during the cooler months, I haven't put it in the fridge to try its cooling effects. After using it in the morning, I do feel it helps to reduce morning swelling on my face.

Pros:

- moisturising enough for the entire face; got rid of my dry patches
- non-irritating
- suitable for day and night
- light, cooling, and refreshing; helps reduce morning swelling

Cons:

- stings a little after application
- need to use a large amount to cover the entire face
-  contains SD alcohol, dimethicone, PEG/PPG-17/6 copolymer, BIS-PEG-18, fragrance


Overall


I'm pretty obsessed with gel cream moisturisers at the moment thanks to this product. Application of this gel didn't feel as smooth as the Aloe Fresh Oil-free Gel Cream (also from The Face Shop) but I love how quickly it absorbs into my skin. It feels especially good when I put it on in the morning and I could use it when I had a few spots. It didn't cause me to break out more nor did it further irritate my skin. My skin feels surprising clean after I wear it (maybe because of the astringent properties?).

TL;DR: The gel is amazing! It is paraben-free, but it contains alcohol and dimethicone. Must-have for light, clean, happy skin. Could be potentially great for summer use. I would recommend purchasing the full version (it's on my wishlist).


/ 5


No comments :

Post a Comment