Monday 5 October 2015

eopenmarket Lucky Box Haul and Review (June 2015)

Just a quick review for the eopenmarket Lucky Box. It is now back in stock.

I ordered two to test my luck. During the month of June, all new members received a $3 coupon that could be redeemed with purchases over $10. Shipping is free (in other words, it's already calculated into the price of the products).

My order: 
Lucky Box x 2 = $ 8.80 USD x 2
                           - $3 coupon

= $14.60USD
This was equivalent to around $19AUD at the time.

Ordered: 28/6/15
Shipped: 29/6/15
Received: 9/7/15 (eight business days)







The bonus sample was a TonyMoly Egg Pore Nose Pack (pore strip)

Off with the bubble wrap!
Lucky box (#1 unwrapped)
The first box I unwrapped contained:

  • Foodaholic Red Ginseng mask (x 1)
  • Benton Snail Bee High Content Skin (x 4)
  • Benton Aloe BHA Skin Toner (x 1)
  • Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream (x 1)
  • Skin79 BB Cream Light Green (x 1)
  • TonyMoly Tomatox (x 7)
  • Missha Time Revolution First Treatment Essence (x 2)
  • Milky Dress Premium (x 5)
  • Secret Key Prestige Snail Repairing Cream (x 1)
  • TonyMoly Cat Chu Wink Tint #1 Cherry Pink (x 1)
  • Secret Key Snow White Milky Lotion (x 2)
  • Purito BB Cleanser (x 5)
  • Purito BB Snail Clearing BB Cream (x 6)
  • TonyMoly Florida Whitening Capsule Essence (x 2)
  • Mizon Collagen Power Lifting Cream (x 4)
  • Mizon Placenta Original Skin Energy Placenta 45 Ampoule (x 8)

TOTAL = 51 samples


Lucky box (#2 unwrapped)
The second box I unwrapped contained:

  • TonyMoly Cat Chu Wink Tint #1 Cherry Pink (x 1)
  • TonyMoly BCDation (x 5)
  • Secret Key Prestige Snail Repairing Cream (x 1)
  • Foodaholic Red Ginseng mask (x 1)
  • Benton Snail Bee High Content Steam Cream (x 2)
  • Benton Honest Cleansing Foam (x 2)
  • Milky Dress Premium (x 4)
  • Purito BB Snail Clearing BB Cream (x 11)
  • TonyMoly Tomatox (x 6)
  • Mizon Placenta Original Skin Energy Placenta 45 Ampoule (x 5)
  • Purito BB Cleanser (x 8)
  • TonyMoly Florida Whitening Capsule Essence (x 3)

TOTAL = 49 samples
Both boxes together minus one Purito BB cream sample
Was it worth it?

Yes and no. 

The Good
I was so, so happy to see the TonyMoly tints! My favourite! The new gel formulation of of them as the TonyMoly Tony Tint Delight let me down and I was wondering if I'll ever find my perfect tint again. Luckily, I now have two more samples of it in my favourite colour.

I was also excited about the Mizon ampoule. There were so many pieces! They retail for around $4USD (+ tracking number) for 10 pieces at Roseroseshop, so I was pleased to get so many. I was also happy to get the first treatment essence from Missha... the old version with the liquorice root extract, not the new Intensive version.

There were so many whitening products in these boxes. I feel neutral about it as I had wanted to scrub off the tan I got on my neck and on my arms from when I visited Malaysia and Singapore earlier in the year. I don't think these things work, but there's no harm in trying.

Finally, Benton products I haven't tried before (namely the skin and the cleanser)! I know Benton has had a bad rep since the toner scandal and the release of their high pH cleansing foam, but I was excited to try the steam cream again and the new skin. I have used up the toner and the cleanser without breaking out or my face falling off. 

The Bad
I was so disappointed when I first opened the package to find two Foodaholic masks. I had recently used one of each of the masks available from the brand (except for in the Tomato and Orange variety) to find that I HATE these masks with a passion. They have a very strong scent, and they dry very quickly due to the high alcohol content. As soon as you open up the package BAM alcohol straight to your nose. Innisfree masks also contain a lot of alcohol, but they don't smell as bad as these do. I can actually feel the essence drying up my skin instead of moisturising it. My mum was happy to take them off my hands (sorry mum).

I was also disappointed to see so much Purito. This is not a brand I'm interested in, and I don't need more grey BB cream in my life. I knew there was going to be a whole heap in the boxes because I saw that people who purchased the box in May/June got a whole heap. I regret not getting it earlier when the boxes were full of Etude House, Skinfood, and Mizon rather than Tonymoly and Purito.

TonyMoly is not a brand that has developed skincare I like. Everything is tacky. I don't find their fruit themed things cute (I do like the smell of their banana hand cream though!), nor do I find their bunny glosses, bunny pocket mists, panda hand cream, panda eye stick and so forth, cute. Just tacky. I have previously tried free samples of their BCDation and Tomatox and felt very 'meh' about it. However, I have used up more TonyMoly samples and I am beginning to think that they are not as bad as I first thought, but I would rather throw money at their blush, lip tints, and eyeliner.

Final Thoughts
As someone who has shopped around quite a bit and accumulated a lot of samples, I was somewhat pleased that I haven't used 50% of the samples I received. There was not much variety in the brands that were present, but most of the samples are things I will use. The only two things I did not like was the mask and the Purito BB Cream. Depending on when you purchase, I would advise you to look out for people who purchased at around the same time you did. It's safe to assume you will get something similar. 

Yes, eopenmarket did deliver on their promise of their Lucky Box containing more than 30 pieces of samples. Considering samples of 10 sachets can go from $2~$5 (for roadshop brands), I would say that you are getting value for your money. 

No comments :

Post a Comment