Monday 1 February 2016

Makeup and Skincare empties + review Jan 2016 (Project Use Up All the Samples 2k16)

This year, I decided to make a spreadsheet to keep track of my consumerism and consumption. I already keep track of my spending and get a better idea of how long it takes to finish using something (I had fun making pivot tables...).

Since early January, I have finished using a variety of samples and full-sized products.


Samples
  1. Tony Moly Tomatox sample- 3
    - I used this on my neck to try and even out the colour difference between my face and neck; didn't really do much but gave me a mild brightening effect. It didn't break me out or give me a weird rash. WNR*
  2. Milky Dress sample- 2
    - gave me a ghostly glow on my neck. I liked that you didn't have to wash this one off and it smells nice, like bubblegum. WNR
  3. Mizon Collagen cream sample- 3
    - this was okay. It wasn't moisturising enough for the strangely cold Summer days we had recently. Felt like I spread a lot of silicones on my face. It is a of a similar texture to the snail gel. WNR
  4. Innisfree Eco Science Skin sample- 1
    - supposed to be anti-aging so I can't really vouch for that. This 10ml sample lasted me an entire month of twice a day use. I liked the minty smell. This was super liquidy and went everywhere. WNR
  5. Innisfree Eco Science Lotion sample- 1
    - same as above, but this lotion was moisturising and helped me with my dry skin when I was over in New Zealand. I got flaky by the end of the day though. WNR
  6. Innisfree Eco Science Wrinkle Spot Essence- 1
    - I've used samples of this before and really loved this for my under eyes! Feels refreshing and gives just the right amount of moisture. I think this 5ml sample lasted me three months of use twice a day. Currently using another sample I got from Innisfreeworld. WR (sample, not full size)
  7. Tony Moly BCDation sample- 1
    - I'm not too fond of TM products. I've tried a BCDation sample before and didn't really like it. The colour is too light for me, but it is quite yellow and has medium coverage. I use it to conceal my dark circles and highlight my nose. I put the rest of it in my bb cushion. WNR
  8. Cosrx Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence sample- 1
    - this was scentless and was finished within two uses. Couldn't tell if it made a difference to anything. Didn't find it moisturising after layering it on top of my Hada Labo. WNR
  9. Cosrx Galactomyces 95 Whitening Power Essence- 1
    - same as above; scentless and had two applications. WNR
  10. Secret Key Snow White Milky Lotion sample- 1
    - this is a wash off pack that gave me super duper white cast on my neck. I think this worked the best in terms of temporary brightening effects compared to TM and Milky Dress. WNR
  11. Purito Snail BB Cleanser sample- 3
    - smells like grass, herbs, or something green. Used this as a second cleanser after cleansing oil. Does an okay job, but my micellar water still picked up a little trace of bb cream afterwards. WNR
  12. Secret Key Prestige Snail Repairing Cream sample- 1
    - I've used samples of this before. I really liked the smell of this cream. It smelt quite milky. It had a nice, rubbery texture. Did alright in moisturising but not fantastic. WNR
  13. Lioele Waterdrop Sleeping Pack sample- 1
    - I've also used samples of this before. Nice smell, very thin texture. I didn't find it that moisturising and didn't get the nice feeling of washing it off in the morning. WNR
  14. Etude House Like 20 All-Day Cream Pact sample- 1
    - I've used four samples of this before. It smells good and is equivalent to rubbing oil on your face. It doesn't absorb into my skin. I think this line has been discontinued. WNR
  15. Sukin Detoxifying Clay Masque sample- 1
    - This was a surprisingly thin mask. It didn't even seem like it had any clay in it (it has kale, spirulina, and parsley). It felt tingly and didn't leave my face feeling dry. Good for vegans. Looking forward to using the other sample I have. WNR (only because I don't think I need a clay mask in my routine)
  16. The Face Shop Myeonghan Miindo Heaven Grade Ginseng Emulsion sample- 1
    - I HATE SAMPLES IN THE 5ML BOTTLES!!!1! So difficult to get the product out:( Other than that, this felt nice and kept my face moisturised for the day without a cream step. WNR (not too fond of The Face Shop ingredients list; I also don't think I need an emulsion step in my routine)
TOTAL = 23 samples

Full Sized Products

  1. Banana Boat Everyday Sunscreen
    - I really liked this sunscreen on my arms and on my neck! It dried quickly and didn't leave too many stains on my white shirts. It also has an inoffensive scent. My mum got me a different Banana Boat sunscreen for my body because this one was not on special. WR
  2. Bio-Oil (125ml)
    - acids do a better job than what I wanted Bio-Oil to do with my scars/hyperpigmentation. Only good for dry spots or when I get eczema on my neck (Celestone-M does a better job though). WNR
  3. Naruko Raw Jobs Tears Supercritical CO2 Pore Minimising & Brightening Night Gelly
    - review here. got this from Watson's in Taiwan. I love the smell of this stuff, smells like Chinese herbal medicine. Did a good job at sealing all my other steps in at night, but I didn't see any effects with pore minimising (I don't really have large pores anyway) or brightening. WR
  4. Nivea Q10 Anti-aging Hand Cream
    - this was a lotion, not a cream. My hands felt alright after a wash, but not after several washes. I didn't enjoy the scent. Good deal for such a large tube at Priceline's 40% off skincare sale (it was approximately $2). WNR expect in desperate situations
  5. Lucas' Papaw Ointment (25g)
    - review here. I love this stuff and use up everything. Remember to cut your tubes in half to get the rest out! WR
  6. Mizon Peptide Ampoule Cream
    - very meh. Felt okay on the skin, not great as it felt rich on the skin, but wasn't that moisturising. Didn't break me out though. WNR
  7. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water
    - I've used up a few bottles of this stuff as a second cleanser after cleansing oil. It doesn't feel greasy if you don't rinse. Gets off bb cream and some eyeshadow, eyeliner, eyelash glue, and lip products. Not great with waterproof stuff. Must be used with another makeup remover! This goes for a very good price when on sale (around $6- $7). WR
  8. New Zealand Clay Mask
    - Cathy got me a packet of this clay mask when she went to New Zealand in June last year... I opened it up on November and squeezed the entire packet into an old container and used it once every second day for three months. It felt refreshing and it wasn't too drying. WNR (comes from special volcano spa mud in NZ somewhere; also, not into clay masks)
  9. Daiso Blotting Paper (approx. 150 sheets)
    - I got this packet before I realised I don't produce that much sebum on my face. It took me many years to finish using this up... but I mostly used it to wipe up the Bio-Oil spill on my desk and to blot my sunscreen. WNR

TOTAL = 9 products

RUNNING TOTAL= 32 empties yay

I know everyone loves pictures but I feel weird keeping rubbish around for a month. We'll see. No pictures of this month's empties I'm afraid.


*WNR = Would Not Re/purchase

 WR = Would Repurchase

No comments :

Post a Comment