Friday 5 February 2016

Priceline 40% off Makeup Sale; Australis Velourlips and Maybelline 910 Shocking Coral Review

Going through my backlog hauls... Priceline has been having regular 40% off sales for makeup, skincare, haircare, and fragrances since 2013. I was super excited for this makeup sale in November 2015 because I had been swatching and eyeing the Maybelline Color Sensation lipstick in 910 Shocking Coral since September.

Australis had also recently released their mini Velourlips set. I had been wanting these on and off and swatching them periodically. I decided to just pick up the Brights set as a treat on the day.



Things I purchased and mini review:

1. Maybelline Vivids Color Sensational Lipstick 910 Shocking Coral ($10.17)

- Not gonna lie, I got this because it was supposed to be a colour dupe for the YSL Rouge Pur Couture in 52 Rosy Coral. I've never watched 'You Who Came From the Stars' but the actress supposedly wore a similar colour in the drama and it's so pretty. This lipstick isn't that great. It smells like rotten Playdoh and its a sheer, glossy formula that travels and feathers on me. My lip colour shows through. The bullet melted the next day after I purchased it and now it looks squished and out of shape. I'm glad I got this on sale-- I wouldn't buy it again at full price.

/ 5


2. Australis Mini Velourlips Matte Lip Cream Brights (Tok-i-o, Shang-hii, Mal-i-boo, Bar-tha-lona, Rio-d; $8.97).

- I have a weird lust for purple lipstick. I also wanted to try liquid lipsticks and Australis' Velourlips have been raved about. I've read lots of divided opinions on this stuff and I wanted to try it out! Instead of the full sized 10ml version, each mini is 3ml.

The 'older' forumlas which are 
Tok-i-o, Mal-i-boo, and Rio-d are patchier than the two newer formulas. Rio-d is the worst offender. This colour is extremely difficult to pull off and the colour I thought I was going to like the most. All the formulas flake off in clumps. If you eat any oil based foods, you will need to wipe everything off and start again. I do like the grape scent and that this smaller size gives you an option to try out every colour! The set also comes in Darks and Pinks & Neutrals.

Best: 
Shang-hii and Bar-tha-lona
Mid-tier: Tok-i-o and Mal-i-boo
Worst: Rio-d

Everyone loves NY-CEE (blue-based red). I would recommend Shang-hii.

/ 5




Mal-i-boo is the same colour as MAC's Candy Yum Yum. 
3. Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss in 01 Pure Chic ($2.22)

- I have previously finished an entire tube of this lipgloss. It's nothing special, but does the job when I dab a little bit on the center of my lips on top of my lip tint. The shine wears off in less than an hour and it has a nice, flat doe foot applicator.

/ 5

Full-sized lip gloss next to the mini Velourlips

No comments :

Post a Comment