Tuesday 2 February 2016

Laneige Water Sleeping Pack, Power Essential Skin Refiner, and Balancing Emulsion Review

I'm embarrassed to say that it has taken me two years to write this review. In the K-beauty world, that's long enough to discontinue products, change their formula, and refresh their packaging. Being a much loved line, all the products I will be reviewing have only gone through a packaging change. The packaging you see here was from 2014.

Laneige is a mid-end brand that focuses on skincare that uses special types of water as a main ingredient. The brand as a whole is targeted towards those in their early to mid-twenties.

Totally irrelevant to the performance of the products, but the packaging is heavy and is a pretty blue colour. I like that.

Today I will be doing a mini review for these three items in the order of application:

1. Laneige Power Essential Skin Refiner (Moisture)
2. Laneige Balancing Emulsion (Moisture)
3. Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX


Eckkk out of focus... when I didn't know how to use my camera very well

Laneige Power Essential Skin Refiner (Moisture)

How to use: Use after cleanser. You can pat this directly onto your skin or swipe the product over your skin with a cotton pad.

Contents: 200ml (my sample size here is 50ml)

Cost: 27,000won

This is a moisturising toner that does not strip your skin dry nor leave it feeling too heavy. It smells beautiful. I had serious thoughts about purchasing the full size. However, I decided to try Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion Moist and have since decided that I will use Hada Labo for the rest of my life.

The sample size I purchased lasted me a good month and a half of twice a day use. I may have used too much of it in one go...

Laneige Balancing Emulsion (Moisture)

How to use: Use after toner.

Contents: 120ml (my sample size here is 50ml)

Cost: 30,000won 

This watery emulsion is a great layering step for winter. It helped to keep my skin hydrated and lock in the moisturising toner. My skin felt so, so soft and beautiful. This emulsion also smelled lovely. I also had serious thoughts about repurchasing this but then decided that even though my skin is dry, an emulsion is a non-essential step for me as my toner and cream will do the heavy work (also I'm cheap af). 


Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX

This sleeping pack was my first foray into the sleeping pack world. Boy, was it good. After putting on your serums, emulsions, and creams, you put on a sleeping pack to seal in all the good stuff. As such, a sleeping pack is an occlusive. Laneige also puts in special sleep scent into the formula. It is relaxing and supposed to help you sleep better.

I'm pretty sure that this product has been renamed as a 'Sleeping Mask' in the US as it is available through Target.

How to use: Use as a last step over all your other skincare products right before sleeping.

Contents: 80ml

Cost: 28,000 won




My face does feel much better when I wash it off in the morning and it helps my skin feel moisturised in the dry winters. I like this, but I think it's too expensive for what it is-- nice gel texture and all. The first time I got the full sized jar from Sasa for 18AUD, and the second time, I paid 4,000won for (4ml x 10) x 2 samples on Testerkorea which is equivalent to the full sized jar. I have moved onto using Mizon Good Night White Sleeping Pack instead. I would suggest trying the Mizon if you haven't used a sleeping mask before as the Laneige is a much bigger step up. I would repurchase the samples again.

/ 5

I love this entire line! It does what it is supposed to do (keep my skin moisturised), doesn't break me out, makes my skin soft, and smells amazing. The only thing holding me back is the cost. I'm a cheapo and go through skincare products at an alarming rate so I will not repurchase anything from this line until I have the capability to do so. Also, I am loving Hada Labo so hard right now and I would not replace it with Laneige's toner. 

P.S samples are your best friend

No comments :

Post a Comment