Saturday 25 February 2017

Makeup and Skincare Empties + Review January 2017 (Project Use Up All the Samples 2k17)

Since my year of using up samples and documenting product usage went well throughout 2016, I have decided to continue this 'project' throughout 2017. I am really going to try and cut down my spending on makeup and skincare... but unfortunately, I think my spending has now migrated over to clothes (which is even more expensive orz). Better get that pay rise haha >_>

I got a new phone so I tried to take photos with it rather than taking out my camera (urghhh it breaks my heart that the lens isn't working properly). Honestly, I have no idea why my photos come out blurry and I didn't notice it until I looked that these pictures on the computer. Oh well. And I didn't colour correct the photos soz.

Not a strong start to the year in terms of empties, but it might because I spent a lot of time at home by myself over Christmas/New Year (that or I'm starting to run out of samples)!







Samples

1. Garnier Fructis Full & Luscious Shampoo x1
- I love how this smells of pomegranate. It only lasted me one use... I can't tell if my hair was stronger after these single use packets because my hair snaps pretty easily to begin with. I have a huge chunk of hair at the back of my head that is half as long as the rest of my hair which is SUPER annoying because the longest part of my hair reaches my belly button and the snapped off bits at the end barely reach my shoulder /rant over. WR.

2. Garnier Fructis Full & Luscious Conditioner x1
- Has the same delicious smell as the matching shampoo. I do like how the scent lingers on my hair and the conditioner put some moisture back into my scalp/hair that the shampoo took away. WR.

3. Tony Moly BCDation All Master SPF30 PA++ x1
- This is the only All Master version of BCDation I have used. I found it to be less drying than the original and repackaged version of BCDation. However, as someone who prefers BB creams that lean grey (what the heck I know), I still found that this was too yellow and didn't melt into my skin nicely to mix with the natural sebum in my skin. WNR.

4. Etude House Precious Mineral BB Cream Blooming Fit x1
- I have no idea what colour this was in, but it was too pale and too pink for my skin (which is interesting, because from my experience, EH BBs tend to lean yellow). The coverage was light-medium but didn't feel heavy on my face. Like with other EH BBs I've used, everything looks flawless for the first hour or so, and then my skin starts to look dry, flakey, and cakey. Happy to use this again if I was given another sample, but I don't think I can commit to a full tube of this. WNR.

5. Etude House Precious Mineral BB Perfect Fit x1
- I liked this version of the BB cream better! It was more yellow and although still too light, I liked the medium coverage. It still gave me cake face after a while and didn't play well with my blush, but I think it generally looked pretty good! Once again, not sure I can commit to a full tube of this, but it is a good BB cream. WNR.

Sample Total = 5





Full-Sized Products

1. Garnier Fructis Grow Strong Ultra Strengthening Mask x1
- My only full sized product of the month! I honest don't think this mask helped my hair at all, but I repurchased it because it a) smells good b) was on sale and c) prevented my hair from becoming hay-like. Not great reasons but WR.

Full-sized total = 1
MONTH TOTAL = 6




Other

6 x Innisfree masks
1 x Etude House mask
1 x Nature Republic mask
1 x Biore nose pack



In other news, the GOT7 Sydney tickets are on sale today! I was extremely excited to hear about their coming to Australia for their first fanmeet (though I did question exactly why it was a fanmeet and not a concert). Jackson and Bambam have to be my favourite personalities within GOT7. Of course, I like all the boys but I just think Jackson and Bambam in particular would be fun to hang around. The ticket prices are a tad expensive for Big Top at Luna Park... I mean, I go past Luna Park to and from work everyday lol. I have no plans of buying tickets to see them, but I'm glad they will be here in April. My last concert was My Chemical Romance in 2006, also at Big Top.... lmao.

I'm secretly very excited that BTS is coming in May. Depending on how much tickets are, I might go and fangirl by myself.

No comments :

Post a Comment