Wednesday 20 April 2016

Using My Back Up Cosmetics and Skincare

What do you do when you finish a product? Open up another one of course! Here are the items I opened up from my 'backup stash' this month. I still get that rush of getting something new everytime I open up a product, even if I have had it in a box in the back of my closet for the past year.
Below, I will talk about why I decided to open the item and how long I have actually had it for.

1. M.A.C Lady Danger Lipstick (Matte)
- Opened this because I finally decided I have enough capacity to add another red lipstick to the rotation after finishing some other lip products in the past few months. I am also about to finish the TonyMoly Delight Tint in Orange Cha Cha. I currently have Innisfree Creammellow Lipstick in Moistful Dewy Red which is a sheer blue-based red and the Aritaum Honey Melting Tint in Coral Candy which is glossy orange based red. Lady Danger is a red orange and matte which is unique to both of the items I am currently using. I have had this since June 2015.

2. Etude House My Castle Handcream (Pink Wish)
- Opened to replace the Mizon Olive and Honey handcream. I plan to leave this at my office desk to use. I have had this since August 2015. 

3. Elizavecca Green Piggy Collagen Jella Pack
- Opened to replace the Skinfood Black Sugar Wash Off Mask. Whilst it is not a direct 'replacement' mask as both products serve different purposes, I thought it was great timing as it is now Autumn and my skin could use more TLC in the form of a moisturising pack. I have had this since Feburary 2015.
4. Kose Softymo Speedy Cleansing Oil
- Opened to replace my Kose Softymo White Cleansing Oil. The Speedy Cleansing Oil is a lot thinner and I find that I get through this oil a lot quicker. However, I do like that you can use this oil on a wet face or with wet hands and that it will still take off makeup. I have had this since September 2015.
I don't think that it is unreasonable to have a box of 'backup' products-- especially if it is of products you know that you will and can use up within their expiry date. For me, I only started having a backup box at the beginning of last year after my trip to Taiwan, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Malaysia. Before that, I would have never dreamed of such a thing. Part of my reasoning is that I would never have convenient access to these products again at such a good price.
With online shopping, my rationale is that to make the most of shipping, I might as well throw in a few other items in to make the most of the shipping bracket. If I have to wait three weeks for an item, I might as well wait three weeks for several items so that they come at the same time.
What new items are you using this month?

No comments :

Post a Comment